Friday 13 September 2013

Ano's whacked but true messed up mind!!!

From the first day i came to this church, I knew deep down that there was something special about it and i was excited to actually look forward to another Sunday. But then, I did not actually meet the Sunday service (I was late as usual) I met a meeting... more like a family gathering. I remember feeling very eager to leave yet patient enough to sit through the whole meeting with the hope that the sermon would begin soon. I asked a lady who sat by me when it would happen but she said the preaching was already over! Imagine my amazement.
I wasn't happy at all. I had actually gone to bed the previous night with the hope that I’ll wake up and go to church and early too. (My family thinks I am not close enough to God because I hardly go to church) But last night, I went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night to pee, went back to bed and was awoken by a roach under my sheets! Worst, the cooling system and fan both tripped off as the circuit was short... I live in sub-Sahara Africa and this kind of thing as weird as it sounds is common. In that heat madness I couldn't go back to sleep. I counted sheep and ceiling sheets till morning. I managed to drift off to sleep in the morning… not a good idea since I had to be in church latest 09:00.(that didn't happen. I really tried to stay awake but the body is weak) I woke up at about 09:20 on Sunday morning and forced myself to be in church no matter how late I was.
I have been looking for a church that is ready to meet the needs of her congregation. The man with the Microphone ( I later found out to be the assistant Pastor) said "Our God is very big to meet our needs”. Yes he truly is. But why is the church passing everything to God to do when he has given us the ability as a church to help one another emotionally, physically and spiritually?
I think it is time the church as a body takes back the big brother role of what true Christianity is all about. To literally be the moral and ethical compass that governs the ideas and mannerisms of this world and generation. The church cannot fail in this regard because it is supposed to be the body of Christ! (I’ll explain)
The church should collectively begin to raise their voices loudest against moral, social, political, spiritual and physical decadence in the church before the wrath of God descends on them. ( Like in the book of Revelations!! Charity they say begins at home.
I am not a crusader I don’t think I have mustered enough bolls to fight the church but I think it is time that we literally take the word of God and the prophecies through the prophets seriously.
How come the church is failing in its responsibility to breed a generation that fears God? Why are people followers only and not doers? How come people who should be morally sound are those who fail woefully in the act of being shinning lights and anchors.
The rate of hate crimes, war, divorce strife… (It goes on and on) around you and me is seriously on the increase. These are times that the church as a unified body should come together to raise a people who will teach the next man or woman the act of LOVE! and not be associated with negativity.
The greatest teacher that ever lived once said that no matter how nice you are or righteous if you do not have Love you have failed in the others as LOVE is the greatest commandment of all.
This is the time now to start teaching our future generations how to love and show kindness. We are not to wait any longer for them to attain teenage years or fall into the youth category… if we are to win this fight against hate we would need to start teaching our kids (without suffocating them in the process) how to show kindness and Love. For when he/she grows it will not depart from him/her.

We have to begin to teach our children it's not OK to hit someone violently. It is not OK to be rude and disrespectful. It is not OK to cheat on your partner. Iit is not OK to be mean , or deceitful . It is not OK to take something that doesn't belong to them. We as adults owe it to them to mould them in a way that will make them successful in life. We owe it to them to structure them on selflessness and kindness.
We can never go wrong if we taught ourselves how to genuinely show love. The concept of Love is so bastardized that it’s actual meaning of now devoid of its original concept. As simple as it is yet, it is so complex that we humans would rather do without its actual meaning. Love God above all and Love your neighbor as you love yourself. It has never been more than this. How did we mistake love for fondness, affection or lust?
I really haven’t met anyone who wishes themselves bad or evil. So why would you wish the next person evil or bad? Would you cheat on yourself? So why mess with someone’s home or relationship even though you know they are happy? Why and how would someone with a wife/husband and children suddenly be in love with someone else? Why will someone else be  in love with a married man/woman without considering the pain and hurt he/she is causing the partner? Why not channel that love to your husband/wife and kids? Why would I always be mean to someone else if I can’t be mean to myself? Why will I see my own child (or any kid for that matter) and be sexually aroused? Why will I beat my partner or my children? Why would I take something I know isn't mine? Why will I go to a place filled with people and blow myself up? Why will I take someone else’s life? Why would i do all these and more if I had love or understood it or received Love.
The list goes on and on and it is an ever evolving thing that has eaten into the fabric of our morarilty and attitude toward the next person. It is no longer a matter of I just don’t care. Not caring is bringing us to the end of our moral civilization. Should this continue, our future is forever tainted. As the breed of people who will be left will alienate norm, custom and tradition we hold sacred.
The family institution has inarguably been the foundation of every generation. To what purpose are we having children we are not ready to teach, mould and structure? We don’t have to choke them doing so. As we have seen choking a child (not literally but by making them become stultified, suppressed, stifled  or suppress their development, creativity, or imagination) backfires on us as the child grows up filled with hate and resentments with devastating consequences. The very thing you tried to stop.
Love. Love.Love. you can’t do this, give this, receive this or show this if you do not have it for yourself. It all starts with you and me.
You don’t need therapy to tell you to show, give and receive Love. Let it be your daily guide. In all that you do, think and say, you should always think of the consequences of your actions.
The Rotary club has a saying.
1. Is it the Truth?
2. Is it Fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build Good will and Better Friendship?
4.  Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
I think we should all think about these 4 ways test a little.
Love shouldn't be difficult. It is the most natural and the simplest thing to do. We should begin to teach our children that as with sowing seeds, paying tithes, giving offerings, there are also rewards for showing and giving Love.
The benefits of showing love cannot be over emphasized. For us to stop hearing wars on the News, on murder or suicide, on breakup or divorce, one child molested or rapist, one robber or suicide bomber…… we have to begin to show ourselves love. We have survived in this civilization for a reason. Maybe we really are the breed of people who have been entrusted to take this earth to the next level.
I am tired of the violence I see on TV or listen to on the News. I am tired of the negative reports. I am tired of people gloating over other people’s misfortune. I am tired of people's inability to just give love, show love and open their hearts to receive love.
We have tried hating, gloating, suicide bombers, rapist, thieves, pedophiles, murderers, viciousness, anger, maliciousness, and bullies, name it! it is still not working! Never has and never will. This dispensation can only survive on people who have to ability to Love.
The greatest Rabbi did not call it the greatest commandment for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment